Secure your investment from hackers, malware and downtime.
Web Security is a big undertaking if you hire someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing. It can cost you time, money and your data. It involves protecting the information on your website by preventing, detecting and responding immediately to attacks. Let’s quickly discuss some terminologies so you can be aware and understand what they mean.
- Hacker – People who exploit weaknesses in software and computer systems for their own gain.
- Viruses – A piece of code that is capable of copying itself and corrupting the system or destroying data.
- Worms – They propagate without user interaction. Once the computer has been infected it will automatically find and infect other computers.
- Trojan Horses – A software that claims to be one thing while in fact doing something completely different behind the scenes.
- Malware – Software that is intended to damage or disable computers.
- KeyLoggers – Software used to monitor user activity such as keys typed on a keyboard. Nowadays they are used to track mouse movements, take screenshots and then uploaded to someone who planted it.
- Firewalls – Mechanism for content regulation and data filtering such as blocking unwanted traffic from entering a network and preventing unauthorized access outside of a network.
With so much to learn about security in general, we take the entire fear and really make it easy for you not to worry about. With the recommendations that we make, you can rest assure that your web applications and data are safe. Our procedures also involve making sure all passwords are secure (yes including email, logins, server access and computers), having SSL certificates where you need them most and accessing your server securely over HTTPS.